Subject: Re: bug#3301: 23.0.93; menu bar bug with gtk-qt engine (KDE)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 20:01:47 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for reminding me about this.  I stopped regularly using the menu
> bar in Emacs a while ago and also had not been using KDE for some time,
> but recently started using it again (KDE Frameworks 5.59.0 in openSUSE),
> and checking now (in current master) with the Emacs menu bar enabled, I
> cannot reproduce the problem that clicking mouse-1 activates "move" mode
> (and it remains active after releasing mouse-1), only holding down
> mouse-1 does that.  So it seems this was only an issue with KDE 4*.  The
> other issue mentioned in my followup to my OP, that in KDE applications
> moving the mouse pointer over a menu bar item highlights it, even when
> the application window is not in focus, whereas moving the mouse pointer
> over an Emacs menu bar item does not highlight it, I still see but it's
> a minor cosmestic blemish, so as far as I'm concerned this bug can be
> closed.

Thank you for your reply.  Based on that, I'm closing this bug.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas