Subject: bug#3301: 23.0.93; menu bar bug with gtk-qt engine (KDE)

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 23:54:03 +0200

When the Emacs frame is not in focus on the desktop and then I bring it
into focus by clicking with the mouse pointer on the Emacs menu bar, but
to the right of any menu bar entry, this sometimes causes the menu bar
to become "active", as when I click directly on a menu bar entry; e.g. I
can navigate the menu bar with the arrow keys, and the keyboard is
otherwise unresponsive, except for ESC, and either typing this key or
clicking again with the mouse is the only way to "deactivate" the menu
bar and release the rest of the keyboard.  This behavior also happens,
though less frequently, by switching focus to Emacs with the window
manager key combination Alt-Q.  I haven't found a recipe for reproducing
this at will.  I have only gotten this behavior under KDE (both 3.5.10
and 3.4.2) with the gtk-qt engine.  I cannot say when I first saw this
behavior, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too long ago, certainly well
into the pretest.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.93.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4)
 of 2009-05-15 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t