Subject: Re: bug#33007: 27.0.50; Proposal for function to edit and return string

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 11:49:57 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> -  (pop-to-buffer-same-window (generate-new-buffer "*edit string*"))
> +  (pop-to-buffer (generate-new-buffer "*edit string*")
> +                 '(display-buffer-below-selected
> +                   (window-height . (lambda (window)
> +                                      (fit-window-to-buffer window nil 10)))))

Shouldn't it wait to do the fitting until it's prepared the buffer?
I.e., it should create the buffer first, insert all the stuff, and then
pop to it?

> -    (kill-buffer (current-buffer))
> +    (quit-window 'kill)

I think we really want to kill the buffer?  It'd be disturbing to leave
thees buffers lying around from a function call like
read-string-from-buffer.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no