Subject: bug#33006: closed (Re: bug#33006: 27.0.50; `dired-do-find-regexp' doesn't work for remote directories)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 13:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33006: 27.0.50; `dired-do-find-regexp' doesn't work for remote directories

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33006: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33006
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33006: 27.0.50; `dired-do-find-regexp' doesn't work for remote directories
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Philipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 14:01:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.1

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've committed a slightly modified version of the patch. Philipp, could
>> you pls confirm that it works for you?

No News are good News, so I'm closing this bug.

Best regards, Michael.

PS: Philipp, I'm kinda frustrated that you never confirm bug fixes.

Subject: 27.0.50; `dired-do-find-regexp' doesn't work for remote directories
From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 20:58:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. emacs -Q
2. C-x d /ssh:some-remote-host:/some/dir RET
3. Mark any file with `m'
4. A . RET

Expected: File is searched for regex `.'
Actual: user-error: Search failed with status 1: find: ‘/ssh:some-remote-host:/some/dir/file’: No such file or directory

This is probably because `xref-collect-matches' calls
`call-process-shell-command', which doesn't work remotely.  It should
call `process-file-shell-command' instead.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 56, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.24)
 of 2018-10-10 built on localhost
Repository revision: fd3a48fcd8bb212ec12b9b10a79de0ae605ee93b
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings
 --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only --with-modules --without-pop
 --with-mailutils --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -ggdb3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 94915 12135)
 (symbols 48 20210 1)
 (strings 32 28343 2068)
 (string-bytes 1 755575)
 (vectors 16 14338)
 (vector-slots 8 508528 15982)
 (floats 8 47 70)
 (intervals 56 214 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße 33
80636 München

Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

If you received this communication by mistake, please don’t forward it to
anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please
erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender
know it went to the wrong person.  Thanks.