Subject: bug#33006: 27.0.50; `dired-do-find-regexp' doesn't work for remote directories

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 02:34:28 +0300

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late reply.

On 21.10.2018 14:56, Michael Albinus wrote:

>> The appended patch fixes this for me. But since I don't know xref.el in
>> detail, I fear I introduce collateral damages. At least a second opinion
>> about the patch would be welcome, before I commit it to master.
> 
> Ping. Dmitry, could you pls comment?

The patch doesn't look dangerous to me, so you can go ahead and install, 
thank you.

There is, however, a possible inconsistency: it touches 
xref--collect-matches-1, which is used both in xref-collect-matches and 
xref-collect-references. And you only changed the former function.

Could you check that M-x xref-find-references didn't work on remote 
directories before your patch anyway? If it did, though, please make 
sure that it continues to do so.

Bonus points for fixing it, at least when Grep is used (the relevant 
file is lisp/cedet/semantic/symref/grep.el).