Subject: bug#33005: 27.0.50; Data loss with Gnus registry

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:51:49 -0800

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to use the Gnus registry to use registry marks and store data as
>> described in (info "(gnus) Store arbitrary data").  Very often, these
>> things vanish after restarting Emacs or Gnus.
>>
>> For example, I use M M i to mark some article "Important".  I have
>> configured `gnus-summary-line-format' to show registry marks.  Often,
>> after restarting, the mark is gone.  Likewise, data stored with
>> `gnus-registry-set-id-key' gets lost, even when the according article
>> has a registry mark attached.
>
> I'm back to here: I now get the same broken behavior as before.  All
> registry marks and data just gone.  This is bad: until this works
> reliably, this stuff should not be advertised in the manual IMHO.

Well damn. And we're coming up on Emacs 27.1, too... I've never seen
this before -- would you mind sending all your registry-related config
(off-list, if necessary), and anything else you might think is relevant,
and I'll try to reproduce?