Subject: [bug#32998] [PATCH 0/2] Turn ~/.config/guix/current into a symlink to /var/guix/profiles

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 12:03:14 +0200

Hi there!

The following patches turn ~/.config/guix/current into a symlink to
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USER/current-guix, in a way that is
consistent with what ‘guix package’ does.

Note that ‘guix pull’ will automatically move your generations from
~/.config/guix to /var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USER the first time
you run it.

This will allow us to fix <https://bugs.gnu.org/32183> nicely.

Objections?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  profiles: Generalize 'canonicalize-profile'.
  pull: Turn ~/.config/guix/current into a symlink to
    /var/guix/profiles.

 doc/guix.texi         |  2 +-
 guix/profiles.scm     | 23 ++++++++-------
 guix/scripts/pull.scm | 65 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0