Subject: 26.1.50; isearch-forward + t-m-m/mark-active doc

From: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 19:58:15 +0200

Another small change for emacs-26:

diff --git a/lisp/isearch.el b/lisp/isearch.el
index 3725779..7833a7b 100644
--- a/lisp/isearch.el
+++ b/lisp/isearch.el
@@ -719,6 +719,10 @@ isearch-forward
 If you try to exit with the search string still empty, it invokes
  nonincremental search.
 
+Exiting pushes the mark where point was before the search
+started, unless `transient-mark-mode' is on and the mark is
+active.
+
 Type \\[isearch-toggle-case-fold] to toggle search case-sensitivity.
 Type \\[isearch-toggle-invisible] to toggle search in invisible text.
 Type \\[isearch-toggle-regexp] to toggle regular-expression mode.

This behavior is already documented in the manual node "Basic
Isearch".