Subject: bug#32975: Emacs 26.1; GTK Warnings

From: Tjernlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 07:27:08 +0200

On Sun, 2018-10-07 at 22:03 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Tjernlund <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 20:19:26 +0200
> > 
> > Setting background-color like so(in my .emacs files):
> > (setq default-frame-alist '((background-color . "#333333") (foreground-color . "White") (cursor-color . "White")))
> > 
> > Prints these GTK warnings:
> > (emacs-26:9664): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_parent: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
> 
> Please tell your GTK version (and preferably all the other
> information collected by "M-x report-emacs-bug RET").
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> P.S. Do I understand correctly that these messages are emitted only
> for that combination of colors?

No, setting background-color to any value will cause the errors
gtk version 3.22.30

Here are some data from M-x report-emacs-bug RET:

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-silent-rules
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-26.1-r3
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-26.1-r3/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-26 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-26
 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --without-modules --without-gameuser --with-gpm --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --without-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --with-gnutls --without-libsystemd --with-threads
 --without-wide-int --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-cairo --without-libotf
 --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -pipe -Wno-error -fno-stack-check' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB GTK3 X11 THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair ecb edmacro kmacro
ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support
ecb-autogen autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell
ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper
ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar ecb-layout compile comint
ansi-color ecb-create-layout advice ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser
speedbar sb-image dframe ecb-navigate eieio-compat ecb-mode-line
ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-mode
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq seq
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs mode-local find-func cedet wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib ecb-util ring thingatpt info easymenu site-gentoo
ecb-autoloads time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 161892 7932)
 (symbols 48 28117 1)
 (miscs 40 49 111)
 (strings 32 47991 1454)
 (string-bytes 1 1599166)
 (vectors 16 24484)
 (vector-slots 8 622015 7766)
 (floats 8 91 27)
 (intervals 56 331 0)
 (buffers 992 12))