Subject: 26.1; package-refresh-contents and package-archive-contents

From: c4droid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 23:29:40 +0800

Every time I open the Emacs, the *Messages* buffer always display
message:
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn:443 [3 times]
Package refresh done
I write follow line at my Emacs configuration:
(when (not package-archive-contents)
  (package-refresh-contents))
The *Messages* buffer still display that message,I don't know that is or
isn't bug, So let me report this situation.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2018-10-07 built on Anonymous
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

Recent messages:
Checking new news...done
Package html2text is obsolete!
Auto-saving...done
Page has 1 lines (1 + 1)
Quit
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving /home/c4droid/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/c4droid/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/c4droid/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/c4droid/.newsrc.eld...done

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sort gnus-cite ansi-color html2text qp mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh
utf-7 imap nnml nnfolder epa-file gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info winner ring thingatpt
ido term/xterm xterm elec-pair communcation smtpmail sendmail
extra-function better-default undo-tree diff miniedit smart-mode-line
rich-minority orgmode-customlize ert pp find-func ewoc debug
helm-customlize helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro
kmacro jka-compr async-bytecomp async dash package-management
auto-compile advice packed cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core mm-archive
message dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls
url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 364996 21901)
 (symbols 48 40113 3)
 (miscs 40 106 374)
 (strings 32 113009 4481)
 (string-bytes 1 3209601)
 (vectors 16 45428)
 (vector-slots 8 1624122 30666)
 (floats 8 262 706)
 (intervals 56 484 272)
 (buffers 992 27))