Subject: bug#32966: tests/install.scm tests all fail

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 14:23:48 +0200

Hi,

Those tests are run at each evaluation and they all fail.

    test.btrfs-root-os.x86_64-linux
    test.encrypted-root-os.x86_64-linux
    test.installed-extlinux-os.x86_64-linux
    test.separate-home-os.x86_64-linux
    test.raid-root-os.x86_64-linux
    test.separate-store-os.x86_64-linux
    test.iso-image-installer.x86_64-linux
    test.installed-os.x86_64-linux
    
    test.btrfs-root-os.i686-linux
    test.encrypted-root-os.i686-linux
    test.installed-extlinux-os.i686-linux
    test.separate-home-os.i686-linux
    test.raid-root-os.i686-linux
    test.separate-store-os.i686-linux
    test.iso-image-installer.i686-linux
    test.installed-os.i686-linux

This is the output of one of them when run manually:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build /gnu/store/0l77fgdgp4c3yq82mwd1kq1rzckn5x9b-btrfs-root-os.drv
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bayfront.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/0l77fgdgp4c3yq82mwd1kq1rzckn5x9b-btrfs-root-os.drv
   /gnu/store/hk27hcjkrcsjacpj0f6bjdr48glj73jv-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/l6vzjb50ywb3xh7m0jh67b1y1l8mddc5-module-import.drv
   /gnu/store/kg33b56kayrqy6a12rmcg2icwchxaik8-builder-in-linux-vm.drv
   /gnu/store/a8cwqky87qjwi1wrfm38wv8ivhvim3dr-shepherd-cow-store.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/7nkmah5qy0176zx1hv9szifc4hqf7xwj-shepherd-term-tty3.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/9gqb8lgmlmmpfrvlqyzzzygknvdq0j77-shepherd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/8z3nfh5psn6gf16yn744bkd1b6k9s958-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/wv6h79wl3iwwkkxw1lj482ccig8vvg0j-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/68fdr40vb3k7hnjxhagd5i13vlp7irvn-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/5zwawq90pdibkjwirfm6ag4cf9zp344h-system.drv
   /gnu/store/7b054w5p8870k2rdc7jfimqk2k6n163d-module-import.drv
   /gnu/store/ip8h5xsn6cw2xh7l16sqhm4f41nqgjdd-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/w3i1s5k3d01wwn8xyc2m4v6aqk2fw4wx-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/x7ap44jargq6kq2kwvgf6h81dz4j15ln-linux-vm-loader.drv
   /gnu/store/wi23bh8017dxq4ljsvv7m3gqjkynbbdn-disk-image.drv
   /gnu/store/qn1302dzn8f1k2b8v928hbm9ln86qx13-installation.drv
0.0 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/54j2a2bfzfd8gdxlan0v6r8zjfb6ywj2-gc-roots
   /gnu/store/fzbxdfy357zmbs3f5333kg3l5b5h20jp-system
building /gnu/store/7b054w5p8870k2rdc7jfimqk2k6n163d-module-import.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bayfront.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/fcybzbgns1nsglrkdj833mk53si?")
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    640:9  1 (for-each #<procedure c487a0 at ice-9/eval.scm:333:13 ?> ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (copy-file "/gnu/store/sqacjhyfz32diqys3pp7j6x8bs2zx7p?" ?)

ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
In procedure copy-file: Permission denied
builder for `/gnu/store/7b054w5p8870k2rdc7jfimqk2k6n163d-module-import.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/7b054w5p8870k2rdc7jfimqk2k6n163d-module-import.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/7b/054w5p8870k2rdc7jfimqk2k6n163d-module-import.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/wi23bh8017dxq4ljsvv7m3gqjkynbbdn-disk-image.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/qn1302dzn8f1k2b8v928hbm9ln86qx13-installation.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/0l77fgdgp4c3yq82mwd1kq1rzckn5x9b-btrfs-root-os.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/0l77fgdgp4c3yq82mwd1kq1rzckn5x9b-btrfs-root-os.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Clément