Subject: [bug#32953] [PATCH core-updates-next 0/8] Use GCC7 as the default compiler.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 16:00:56 +0100

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 07:09:04PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>>> 
>>> I'm going to see if I can build hello --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf next
>>> and see how that works.
>>
>> When I get to gcc-cross-arm-linux-gnueabihf it fails during configure,
>> cannot find gmp.h. Looking at (gnu packages cross-base), I don't think
>> there are any package-inputs for xgcc. I still thought gcc bundled its
>> own gmp et. al.
>
> I'm happy to report that the cross-compilation issues are resolved with
> this trivial patch:

Awesome!  I think you could squash this with the “gnu: Use GCC 7 as the
default compiler.” commit, and then go ahead and push.

I’m happy we’ll soon have a more recent base compiler!

Thank you,
Ludo’.