Subject: [PATCH core-updates-next 0/8] Use GCC7 as the default compiler.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 15:14:20 +0200

Guix,

Here are patches that allow building the world with GCC7.

The cross-toolchain and bootstrap tarballs need more work, but native
x86_64 at least is largely fine.

Marius Bakke (8):
  gnu: Remove gcc-for-libstdc++.
  gnu: libstdc++-boot0: Improve gcc-wrapper workaround.
  gnu: gcc-boot0: Improve gcc-wrapper workarounds.
  gnu: Remove duplicate linux-libre-headers package from bootstrap
    inputs.
  gnu: Use GCC 7 as the default compiler.
  gnu: python: Fix FTBFS with GCC >= 6.
  gnu: cmake: Try CPATH and C_INCLUDE_PATH when finding system
    libraries.
  gnu: cppunit: Update to 1.14.0.

 gnu/packages/check.scm                        | 21 +-----
 gnu/packages/cmake.scm                        |  3 +-
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm                 | 74 +++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/gcc.scm                          |  8 +-
 gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm                  |  2 +-
 .../patches/python-2.7-search-paths.patch     |  4 +-
 .../patches/python-3-search-paths.patch       |  4 +-
 7 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 67 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0