Subject: Re: bug#32950: 27.0.50; Strange display bug in *Help* buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 01:34:41 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is about how a horizontal line is displayed in the terminal.
> We now have at least three different ways to display horizontal lines:
>
>     1. The above recipe
>     2. M-x customize-group RET emacs RET
>     3. C-h b    [which seems buggy?]

Buggy in what way?  Seems to be working for me both in GUI and TUI Emacs
in `C-h b'?

> I think we should decide which of the three are best, and replace the
> others with that.
>
> Aesthetically, I very much prefer the one in customize-group, but point
> jumps to the right when you move over it, which is slightly jarring.

Yes, it looks better in TUI Emacs (but I prefer the 'C-h b' one in GUI
Emacs).  But the point movement is really jarring (in both GUI and TUI),
so overall I think the 'C-h b' one wins.  😀

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no