Subject: [bug#32947] Add java-xalan.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:59:11 +0100

Frank Pursel schreef op vr 18-03-2022 om 10:29 [-0700]:
> No, I don't think generate-jar-indices is broken.  The problem is that
> the xalan build is dependent on xml-apis.jar which guix has broken out
> into pieces that are split between the guix builds of xerces and jaxp.
> The index fails because it looks for all the requirements specified in
> the manifest which now must identify xerces and jaxp.  So, those jars
> (jaxp and xerces) now need to be brought over into the outputs(out)
> directory to allow the indexing to succeed.  I don't know if the
> symlinks are required after completion of the indexing but saw no harm
> in it since we need to propagate those inputs anyway or else xalan will
> not be able to find all it's dependencies when called.  I was pleased to
> be able to find all the xml-apis requirements already provided by the
> guix builds of xerces and jaxp.

Ok, seems like due to the changes Guix made to the packaging, the
manifest became incorrect, so that needs to be worked around.  As an
alternative work-around, I've removed the jars from the Class-Path, see
attached package definition.  This seems a little simpler to me, YMMV.

Greetings,
Maxime.