Subject: Re: [bug#32947] Add java-xalan.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 23:02:07 +0200

Hi,

While looking superficially into the source for problems isn't a slow
process (I didn't time it thoroughly but I'd say 20 minutes for 10% or
so, and possibly less if the files are small, or maybe more if the
timing was inaccurate or unrepresentative), I'm not exactly swimming in
free time or something, so don't expect an ‘it's done!’ response
anytime soon.

I see two options here:

  * you could look into the rest yourself (though technically a COI I
    suppose ...)

  * consider the current checks into the source code to be sufficient

Also, about the IntStack thing:

  * as you wrote, upstream has modified it a lot
  * IIRC and IIUC (though I only looked rather superficially) it's
    a rather basic class anyway, probably not many other plausible
    ways to do it.  Also tiny.
  * current OpenJDK's are freely licensed anyway
  * upstream has been asked what, exactly, is the situation
    (though it hasn't been answered yet)
  * so I don't think this is a blocker

Greetings,
Maxime.