Subject: Re: bug#32937: python-six-bootstrap referenced by profile

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 09:15:20 +0200

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> While setting up a build environment for Borg from Guix commit
> 9e783d0bf22a7ff965105eb45f6c179a832bbabf, I noticed a profile collision
> between python-six and python-six-bootstrap, with the bootstrap package
> winning the contest:
[…]
> These package "bootstrap" packages shouldn't be referenced in profiles,
> right?

This doesn’t seem okay, but it is harmless enough to delay changing it.
The difference between the bootstrap package and regular python-six is
tests: the bootstrap package does not depend on pytest and has its tests
disabled.

There are only two packages using python-six-bootstrap:
python-more-itertools and python-pytest.  Both of them propagate
python-six-bootstrap.

--
Ricardo