Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Boris Buliga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:35:05 +0200

Hi,

It feels much better! Thank you.

I run only into one issue. I had two windows in a buffer and invoked
multi-term, which created a new window at the bottom. The thing is - all
windows except the new one where completely empty (except for cursor).
Can't reproduce it anymore though. Quickly resolved by actions in the
multi-term.

Unfortunately, I could not make a screenshot (I miss clicked and forced
refresh).

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 07:56, Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On October 29, 2018 at 9:09:48 AM, Alan Third
> ([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:
>
> > One more go. I don’t think I’ve seen the cursor line flicker after
> > installing this.
> >
> > Simply, all I’ve done is stop making it redraw the entire line the
> > cursor is on. That should stop any flicker of the line text caused by
> > redrawing the cursor, but won’t stop any flicker of the cursor itself,
> > although I’ve not seen it flicker.
>
> I’ve got a consistent repro on my config with this patch. If I start
> emacs then open a dired buffer in a dir that has images in it, then
> hit return on one of the images, the current line goes blank while the
> image loads. If I kill the buffer and reopen the same one it does not
> repro.
>
> I cannot reproduce this in emacs -Q as it’s much faster than whatever
> my config is doing whenever I open an image.
>
> That said, I haven’t seen any line flickers yet aside from that. I’ll
> keep trying it out and report back.
>
> Aaron
>

-- 
Cheers,
Boris