Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 19:18:04 -0700

On October 24, 2018 at 3:42:47 AM, Alan Third
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> I’ve pushed a slight variant of this change to emacs-26. I’ve
> witnessed a very rare flicker of the modeline and the line containing
> the cursor in other windows while scrolling, but I can’t replicate it
> consistently.

I am definitely seeing the flicker on the current line. It happens
occasionally when my emacs is idle (probably not truly idle). I see it
sometimes when I tell emacs to do something that is a thread blocking
operation (like loading some autoloaded lisp for the first time). It’s
as if it clears the current line and then immediately blocks the
rendering thread before it gets a chance to rerender the line. As soon
as Emacs is done doing whatever it was doing, the line rerenders.

No clue if that helps, but if there’s anything you want to try, I’ll
be able to let you know if it fixes it :)

Cheers,

Aaron