Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:15:03 -0700

On October 20, 2018 at 1:04:47 PM, Alan Third
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> Can you try removing
>
> ns_clear_frame_area (emacsframe, x, y, width, height);
>
> from drawRect: in nsterm.m? It may result in the background not being
> redrawn correctly in some places, but I *think* it’s redundant, and
> it’s possible for it to clear a section of screen and then
> expose_frame to decide not to redraw anything.
>
> This shouldn’t happen as the only reason I know for expose_frame to
> not redraw is if there’s a redisplay coming up, in which case
> redisplay should mark the whole frame as needing redrawn anyway. But
> perhaps there’s some situation where it doesn’t draw and there’s no
> immediate redisplay.

So far so good. I don’t believe I’ve seen aberrant paints/clears. I’ll
keep using it for another week or so and report back.

Aaron