Subject: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:24:33 -0700

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:48 AM Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The menus definitely need a fair bit of work done to them. I think
> they’re a little overly complex, but that may have been done to match
> up with how Emacs handles them. I need to investigate it more.

Ok, sounds good.

> > https://cl.ly/9065281385cf/Image%202018-10-19%20at%209.20.34%20AM.png
>
> Does it actually look like that? With the strange blocks? It looks
> like there’s some weird resizing/resampling thing going on...

No, that's me anonymizing source I can't share :)

> That makes sense because of how the cursor code marks entire lines as
> dirty. If it was drawing correctly then I’d fix it, but there’s no
> point just now.

Sorry, fix which, and what drawing correctly? I didn't think it
repainting the cursor line is a problem (especially since I use
global-hl-line-mode). But maybe you meant something else.

> I understand Eli’s planning on a freeze for 26.2 soon, so if I’ve not
> got anything better than this at that point I’ll make sure it’s
> included.

Understood.

Thanks,

Aaron