Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 22:19:07 -0700

On October 4, 2018 at 4:03:14 PM, Aaron Jensen
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> On October 4, 2018 at 2:51:58 PM, Alan Third ([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:
>
> No dice. I have a consistent repro if you’d like to screen share, I’d be happy to.

I have another way to reproduce it—by resizing the frame. Occasionally
it’ll fail to paint the entire frame. It appears that I can only
reproduce it while the point is on something that triggers an eldoc
tip in the minibuffer.

I wasn’t able to record a gif of it (any screenshot or gif I record
acts as if it painted successfully) but the video I attached shows the
behavior. I can’t say for certain that this is the same thing I see in
normal usage when I’m not resizing things, but it certainly looks to
be the same type of artifact. Sometimes it’s a previous painting
that’s left around and sometimes it’s a blank. I’m sure it’s a blank
in this case because it blanks while resizing.

Hopefully that helps track it down. Let me know if there’s anything
you’d like me to try.

Thanks,

Aaron