Subject: bug#32932: [PATCH v2] Fix more drawing bugs in NS port (bug#32932)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 22:01:01 +0000

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 06:02:27AM -0800, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 8:20 AM Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I’m using it, it seems to blank out occasionally, but no major problems with it other than that.
> 
> I've definitely been seeing blank outs multiple times per day. I'm
> curious if you have any other ideas to try, Alan.

What I’ve noticed is that if something takes more than ~3 seconds,
then the active window tends to blank until whatever is running
finishes. I don’t think this is actually fixable using the current
scheme. Or I don’t have enough of an understanding of the problem to
fix it.

I’m feeling very tempted to go back and retry the drawing to an
off‐screen bitmap again. Last time I believe it had some performance
issues, and it didn’t work in Mojave, but maybe I’ll be able to work
around those issues.

> I'm also sometimes noticing that some of my mode line segments get
> "stuck" with the inactive face even when the window becomes active
> again. It's possible that this is due to a bug in doom-modeline, but I
> mention it here in case it's an Emacs issue.

I’ve not seen anything like that, but I use a very vanilla Emacs. I
wouldn’t rule out it being a bug in Emacs.
-- 
Alan Third