Subject: Re: bug#32932: [PATCH v2] Fix more drawing bugs in NS port (bug#32932)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 22:35:48 +0000

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 05:20:09PM -0800, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> On November 14, 2018 at 10:19:39 AM, Alan Third
> ([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:
> 
> > I suspect that's due to the whitespace checks that the Emacs tree
> > builds into git. I know there's a way to disable them, but I don't
> > know what.
> >
> > You could just try reverting the commits yourself and then
> > extracting the 4th patch from the file and applying it.
> 
> Okay, I was able to apply them. It renders a blank frame, however.

Today I realised I’m able to install Mojave on an external HDD without
affecting my High Sierra install, so I gave it a go and this patch
works, so I guess it maybe didn’t apply correctly. Perhaps it doesn’t
apply to master?

Given that Emacs 26.2 is in pre‐release now I’m inclined to leave
emacs-26 as‐is for now, unless we require the 8th of November patch
(Further changes to NS drawing (bug#32932))? I don’t think we do as
iirc it just solves a minor redrawing issue (i.e. Emacs is still
usable without it). Is that right?
-- 
Alan Third