Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 19:25:14 +0100

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 10:48:59AM -0700, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> On October 4, 2018 at 7:07:25 AM, Alan Third
> ([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:
> 
> > Does it only blank the whole frame, or does it do it to certain areas?
> 
> I typically see the whole frame. Sometimes the “wrong” image is
> displayed as well, it’ll be off by one line or so, so as I move the
> point around the correct line fills in and I’ll see duplicate lines. I
> don’t know if that makes sense, but it’s as if the image was scrolled
> up one line but the buffer wasn’t actually and when it redraws the
> line the point is on it draws the correct line.

Is it possible that ‘one line’ is the same as the height of the title
bar?

> > Can you send the output from compiling the .m files?
> 
> The .o files? Attached, hopefully that’s what you wanted, but if not
> just let me know how to get what you want.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the compiler warnings etc. But since
Charles sees this on 10.6 it’s unlikely it’s something new in the
compilation.

All I can think of to do is enable NSTRACE and see if you can spot
some commonality when the problem happens.

-- 
Alan Third