Subject: Re: bug#32932: 27.0.50; render bugs on macOS Mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:29:40 -0700

On November 1, 2018 at 1:13:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> Thanks, but this is not enough info, I need also to see the actual
> contents of the current and the desired rows. If they are different,
> then clearing is justified. You can display a glyph row in GDB using
> the command pgrowx defined in src/.gdbinit.

Unfortunately, I’m on a Mac, so AFAIK I can only use lldb. I’ll see
what I can figure out.

> And which row is the problematic one: the one at Y = 0 or at Y = 637?

I don’t understand Y=0, is that 0 from where the point is? It’s
probably the 16th row or so from the top.

> The large numbers for the desired row in the 3rd sample look bogus to
> me, unless you have a very tall image there.

It’s a relatively tall image, yeah.

> > So, the ascent and physics_ascent on the current row are coming back
> > as 0. Also, the height is different.
>
> Sounds improbable to me. Are you sure you caught the right rows?

Those are the only things emitted when I pressed enter on the image
file to open it (in this case, from the home buffer with a recent file
list).

I’ll report back as I dig further.