Subject: bug#32931: time-stamp-format: offer numeric time zones too

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 23:04:56 +0200

> From: Stephen Gildea <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
>     Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 12:57:49 -0800
> 
> In September I updated the documentation for changes implemented
> previously; that commit included a section in NEWS.  I will eventually
> document the change that sparked this discussion, too, and I'll add it
> to NEWS at the same time.
> 
> So while I am aware of my responsibility to document, I am also
> mindful of my responsibility to not document yet.

Thanks, but IME deferring the update of documentation for these
reasons is a mistake.  It frequently causes us to forget to make those
deferred updates, and more importantly, it leaves those who use the
development snapshots with outdated or lacking documentation.

I understand the wish to avoid unnecessary rework, but I don't think
there's a way around that.