Subject: bug#32929: `guix pull` fail

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:01:14 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Bowcutt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 22:47 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Thanks for your report.  I pulled v0.15.0 and from there tried to
>> pull
>> the above commit, but I couldn’t reproduce the bug above.
>> 
>> Does it still occur for you?
>
> Yes, I'm still getting this error, although with different program and
> guix version hashes which frequently change.
>
>> How did you install Guix?  It seems to be running on Guile 2.0 (not
>> 2.2), can you confirm?
>
> I installed via the Fedora 28 COPR at 
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/lantw44/guix/. I'm 90% sure I'm
> running Guile 2.0, even though I have both 2.0 and 2.2 installed via
> dnf.

I see.  I believe commit 099bb0175f681e5f68dafb8ad973866f31fe515c fixes
the problem.  With this commit, running ‘guix pull’ will always give
you, under ~/.config/guix/current, a new Guix running on Guile 2.2.

Could you try running ‘guix pull’ and see if it works now?

Besides, I’d like to drop Guile 2.0 support soon, so if you could tell
the COPR packagers to switch to Guile 2.2, that’d be great.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.