Subject: Re: bug#32927: 27.0.50; libxml not found when building on macOS Mojave

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 14:24:04 +0900

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 08:10:35 +0900,
Glenn Morris wrote:
> 
> 
> Is this the perennial "xcode-select --install" issue again?
> 
> Bug#18779, 22552, 24068, 27526#74, 29931, ...
> https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2015-11/msg01926.html

I've received a similar report for the Mac port, and the situation was
a bit different.  Unlike the previous versions, the Command Line Tools
package for Xcode 10 no longer installs the header files into
/usr/include on macOS 10.14 (*).

*: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_10_release_notes

The culprit for the above case was the bogus libxml-2.0.pc file that
refers to nonexistent /usr/include.  Philipp, could you try

  $ pkg-config --cflags --libs "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17

to see if it refers to /usr/include ?  If so, locate the erroneous
config file by the following command:

  $ pkg-config --variable pcfiledir "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]