Subject: bug#32915: closed (Re: Incorrect "will be downloaded" report)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32915: Incorrect "will be downloaded" report

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32915: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32915
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Incorrect "will be downloaded" report
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:43:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Given the lack of response to this report, and the inherent difficulty
in reproducing the issue, I'm closing this bug.

If I notice it again and find an effective reproducer, I'll re-open it.

Subject: Incorrect "will be downloaded" report
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 14:33:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While testing a build of Audacity, I noticed this confusing behavior:

------
$ ./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts audacity
;;; note: source file /home/leo/work/guix/gnu/packages/audio.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/leo/work/guix/gnu/packages/audio.go
;;; note: source file /home/leo/work/guix/gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/leo/work/guix/gnu/packages/libreoffice.go
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://privatemirror.example.com'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/75rknckix6p6vslgf0fy1z8c6six0svg-audacity-2.2.2.drv
32.4 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/xab948cliy5b9qqkkh3f3v2ffjgg5jgl-wxwidgets-3.0.4
   /gnu/store/rgmb5s24bmwb9lfd6y6vyqbcf872ksq5-suil-0.10.0
   /gnu/store/df5w7bx13yijdrrccf0jh8733zsr9gff-qtbase-5.11.1
substituting /gnu/store/xab948cliy5b9qqkkh3f3v2ffjgg5jgl-wxwidgets-3.0.4...
downloading from https://privatemirror.example.com/guix/nar/gzip/xab948cliy5b9qqkkh3f3v2ffjgg5jgl-wxwidgets-3.0.4...
 wxwidgets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.2MiB/s 00:09 [##################] 100.0%
gets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.0MiB/s  wxwidgets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.1MiB/s  wxwidgets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.1MiB/s  wxwidgets-3substituting /gnu/store/37ldf3jfbq8qv0i0bpfrbbjd4ska605l-mariadb-10.1.35...                            1.1MiB/s  wxwidgets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.1MiB/s  wxwidgets-3.0.4  downloading from https://privatemirror.example.com/guix/nar/gzip/37ldf3jfbq8qv0i0bpfrbbjd4ska605l-mariadb-10.1.35...widgets-3.0.4  10.3MiB                            1.1MiB/s  wxwidgets-3.0.4  10.3Mi mariadb-10.1.35  60.6MiB                            973KiB/s 00:20 [#####             ]  31.7%^C
------

It needed to download mariadb, but this wasn't included in the report of
what would be done.

For later reference, this happened on commit
b0f43001195c69f730b49b0bf9de516edd53baed.

It's on Debian, with the guix-daemon from
f9051e387056fb1c29d8e67b76754168b304449d (0.15.0-4.7fed935).