Subject: Re: bug#32883: 26.1; Emacs not response in shell mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:19:50 +0300

> From: "alexei28" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:04:24 +0300
> 
> 1. M-x shell
> 2. Start some application that generate text about 1 minute  to standard
> output.
> 3. Аt the fifth second press arrow up and move cursor to the center of the
> screen (the text continues generated)
> 4. And now press Enter. It's important to press Enter when text is continue
> to generate in shell mode.
> 5. And Emacs will "freeze". Not response any more.
> Only "C-g" can help or not to unlock this.
> I always kill Emacs process from Task Manager

In my case, a single C-g stops waiting, and the application generating
the output resumes running.

Do you have a program named cat.exe somewhere?  If you do, can you use
that program instead of adb logcat -vtime?  You can invoke cat.exe
like this:

  cat some-file

I used the output from logcat you sent instead of "some-file".  I
cannot cause Emacs to lock up this way.  I can always interrupt the
waiting with a single C-g.

In any case, when you press Enter, you actually send to the shell the
line that is at the cursor, so maybe you send something that runs some
other command in your case, I don't know.

Why do you need to type Enter as long as the command didn't finish
producing its output?