Subject: Re: bug#32883: 26.1; Emacs not response in shell mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 15:06:16 +0300

> From: "alexei28" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 14:46:39 +0300
> 
> [Please keep the bug address on the CC list.]

You didn't, please do in the future.  It is important for this
discussion to be recorded by the bug tracker.

> Оne hour passed, but Emacs is not response. Show progress. 
> 'C-g' sometime help to unlock. But sometime not.

OK.

> OK. Not mandatory to start "adb logcat -vtime". You can start any process
> that generate text in standard output.

Then I cannot reproduce the problem on my system.  On my system, while
the process runs and generates the text, I can switch to another
buffer and invoke Emacs commands, like "C-x C-f" to visit other files,
and any other command.  Are you saying that you cannot type any
command while the command producing text runs in *shell*?

When you invoke "M-x shell", which shell runs in the *shell* buffer?
On my system it is cmd.exe.

> If I save text from shell to the file. And open this file by Emacs then no
> problem. Not lock Emacs. All work fine.
> I attached test file.

Thanks.