Subject: bug#32883: 26.1; Emacs not response in shell mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 14:23:20 +0300

[Please keep the bug address on the CC list.]

> From: "alexei28" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 12:41:15 +0300
> 
> " How long did you wait?  "  - forever.

Please tell the approximate time.  I understand it was a long time,
but hardly "forever".

> " Did you try C-g several times?  " - yes, but it not help.
> " (setq w32-pipe-read-delay 0)" - not help

OK.

> "can you save the output of "logcat -vtime"" - it does not make sense
> because "logcat" generate unique text. You can do it yourself.
> Here steps:
> 1. Connect any android device to your comuter
> 2. Enable USB-debugging

You assume I have an Android device to do that, and that I'd agree to
enable USB debugging on such a device.  But those assumptions are not
necessarily true.

I asked whether saving the text to a file and visiting that file on
your system also locks up Emacs.  Did you try that?  If that doesn't
lock up Emacs, posting the file won't help.  Otherwise, please do post
such a file, I'd like to look at the actual text Emacs needed to deal
with in your case.

Thanks.