Subject: bug#32882: 27.0.50; thin border around emacs frame on macOS mojave

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 09:54:01 +0100

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 12:05:52AM -0700, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> 
> emacs -Q
> M-x load-theme manoj-dark
> 
> See
> https://dzwonsemrish7.cloudfront.net/items/272S1013403W1e1i2W1Y/Image%202018-09-29%20at%2011.44.39%20PM.png
> 
> vs
> 
> https://cl.ly/115ddf656a41/Image%202018-09-30%20at%2012.04.17%20AM.png
> 
> Since upgrading to Mojave there is a thin border around the frame that
> was not there prior to Mojave if my memory serves. The border's color
> appears to be influenced by the theme, but I don't know how. Is there an
> option for this I don't know about or is this some unintentional change
> triggered by Mojave?

Hi Aaron,

My money is on this being related to Mojave’s new theming stuff. If
you look very closely at the second screenshot you’ll notice there is
actually a black border round the frame.

Are you using the dark theme in macOS?

Perhaps try changing ns-appearance to see if it affects the colours.

FWIW, I think we tell macOS what our background and foreground colours
are, but the colour there doesn’t seem to match either so I wonder if
it’s automatically choosing a colour that will show up against the
background. I take it this border doesn’t exist on non‐emacs windows?
-- 
Alan Third