Subject: bug#32882: 27.0.50; thin border around emacs frame on macOS mojave

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 11:24:56 -0700

On September 30, 2018 at 11:16:19 AM, Alan Third
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> (I don’t know if you intentionally removed the bug tracker, but I’ve
> put it back in.)

I did not, thank you. My email client was just murdered by Slack so
I’m getting used to a new one...

> I wonder if it’s the internal border. It’s not properly supported on
> the NS port for some reason, and therefore should always be the
> background colour. But it defaults to 2 pixels. Try:
>
> (set-frame-parameter nil 'internal-border-width 0)

Oh, I didn’t know about this. I like it, but it doesn’t fix the issue.
It does make it seem like whatever is rendered on the edges is just
lightened, as it lightened my modeline:

https://cl.ly/8332c24f8b90/Image%202018-09-30%20at%2011.21.30%20AM.png

> > It’s likely a shame of the background color. I wonder if there’s a way
> > to opt out of it, it almost gives the windows a beveled feel. I’ll
> > take a look at the iTerm2 codebase and ask the maintainer if I can’t
> > figure it out.
> > Some other windows have it too, but not all of them.
>
> It looks like it’s the same colour as the titlebar text, but that
> might just be coincidence.

It’s different on my theme. My guess is that this is a new default
window behavior to give windows a more 3d appearance. I do not know
how to opt out of it yet. Hopefully the iTerm maintainer gets back to
me.

> (By the way, your manoj-dark appears to be significantly different
> than mine. Are you using a modified version?)

Sorry, I should have clarified, the screenshots were of night-owl,
which I’m using. I only specified manoj-dark in the repro because it
is built-in.

Aaron