Subject: bug#32864: 26.1; menus don't work correctly in Mac OS Mojave

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 20:40:54 +0100

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 07:40:31PM +0200, Artemio González López wrote:
> 
> Emacs 26.1 menus don’t work correctly in macOS 10.14 Mojave (just
> released this week). More, precisely, to make a menu drop down you
> have to click twice on the corresponding menu title (except for the
> Emacs menu!). If you just click once nothing happens, but if you
> click a second time on a different menu that menu drops down.
> 
> 
> In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS
> appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511)) of 2018-05-31 built
> on builder10-10.porkrind.org

Thanks for the report. I wonder if this is specific to the
emacsformacosx.com builds or if a native 10.14 build would do the same
thing...?

Is there any chance you could build emacs 26 yourself to check? Or if
anyone else with 10.14 can confirm, that would be great.

The NS menus seem to be a bit kludgy, so they’re probably due for a
bit of refactoring anyway.
-- 
Alan Third