Subject: bug#32864: 26.1; menus don't work correctly in Mac OS Mojave

From: Artemio González López <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 19:40:31 +0200

Emacs 26.1 menus don’t work correctly in macOS 10.14 Mojave (just released this week). More, precisely, to make a menu drop down you have to click twice on the corresponding menu title (except for the Emacs menu!). If you just click once nothing happens, but if you click a second time on a different menu that menu drops down.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
of 2018-05-31 built on builder10-10.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
Recent messages:
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process aspell with castellano dictionary...
Applying style hooks...
Loading /Users/artemio/Documents/Coursework/Mecanica Clasica/MC 18-19/Apuntes/auto/chap2-1.el (source)...done
Sorting amsthm-newtheorem...done
Removing duplicates...done
Applying style hooks...done
Compiling label environment definitions...done
Sorting environment...done
Removing duplicates...done

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US@currency=EUR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils reftex-parse texmathp preview prv-emacs
reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars bib-cite
flyspell ispell tex-bar toolbar-x noutline outline tex-buf font-latex
latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt tex-ispell
tex-style tex crm advice tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring latexenc elec-pair paren delsel cus-start cus-load
edmacro kmacro tabbar easy-mmode session cl exec-path-from-shell
finder-inf info tex-site package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib server time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 353007 11527)
(symbols 48 30848 1)
(miscs 40 124 405)
(strings 32 64041 1865)
(string-bytes 1 1753106)
(vectors 16 45257)
(vector-slots 8 850451 24934)
(floats 8 199 309)
(intervals 56 1486 189)
(buffers 992 15))

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
[email-masked]