Subject: bug#32854: closed (Re: bug#32854: Error upon starting Emacs from macOS Mojave's Terminal: "Failed to initialize color list unarchiver")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 12:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32854: Error upon starting Emacs from macOS Mojave's Terminal: "Failed to initialize color list unarchiver"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32854: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32854
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32854: Error upon starting Emacs from macOS Mojave's Terminal: "Failed to initialize color list unarchiver"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Evan Aad <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:51:58 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Evan Aad <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:51:25 +0300
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Thanks. This solved the problem.

Thanks for testing, I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: Error upon starting Emacs from macOS Mojave's Terminal: "Failed to initialize color list unarchiver"
From: Evan Aad <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:23:22 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ever since I upgraded my macOS to the latest version, 10.14 Mojave, a
couple days ago (which I followed by performing a 'brew upgrade' in
the Terminal), whenever I start Emacs from the terminal, I get the
following error message.

Failed to initialize color list unarchiver: Error
Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4864 "*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver
_initForReadingFromData:error:throwLegacyExceptions:]: non-keyed
archive cannot be decoded by NSKeyedUnarchiver"
UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver
_initForReadingFromData:error:throwLegacyExceptions:]: non-keyed
archive cannot be decoded by NSKeyedUnarchiver}

I never encountered this message before. Despite the error message,
Emacs starts opens, and seems to be functioning properly.

GNU Emacs 26.1  (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.5.0, NS appkit-1561.40
Version 10.13.4 (Build 17E202))  of 2018-05-31