Subject: bug#8413: closed (Re: bug#32848: 26.1; follow-mode cursor move breaks with frame-resize-pixelwise)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:26:03 +0000

Your bug report

#32848: 23.3; follow-mode hides a line between visible parts of buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32848: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32848
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32848: 26.1; follow-mode cursor move breaks with frame-resize-pixelwise
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>, Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:17:15 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Emacs.

The bug has been fixed, separately in the emacs-26 branch and master.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 23.3; follow-mode hides a line between visible parts of buffer
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:33:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using follow-mode with frame splitted using `C-x 3', the last line
of the left-hand part of the buffer only appears partially, as if it was
hidden behind the mode-line. It is even more clear when calling
linum-mode, as a number is skipped between the two windows.

>From `emacs -Q', C-h r, C-x 3, M-x follow-mode and there a line is
missing between the two parts of the buffer (Variable Index here).

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-03-10 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10904901
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-sound' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-optimize-sibling-calls' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou