Subject: Re: [bug#32837] [PATCH 0/5] Improvements to the UI with colors

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:25:06 +0200

Hello!

> Let me know what you think!  I’d be happy to go ahead with this variant
> soon.  :-)

I really like this patch series.  It implements a very flexible
mechanism that allows us to track the build state more accurately.  In
fact, it would enable a GUI developer to display the build progress in
an intuitive way that is a few steps removed from the raw build log
style.

I noticed a few typos in patch 4/5:

> +     ;; sot there's nothing left to do.

s/sot /so /

> +procedure computes the new build status upon each even and call ON-CHANGE:

s/even /event /
s/call /calls /

As to the way we display build progress: we can improve on that later.
The mechanism proposed in this patch series is very nice and I’d love to
see it merged soon.

Thank you!

--
Ricardo