Subject: bug#32835: Icecat is missing fonts (on foreign distro)

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:04:51 +0200

I was curious about the new IceCat 60 and it's CSS problem, so I tried
to install it.

I'm on on Ubuntu+Guix:

 guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) a68b45142373dd75bc96f9c4f8151bcd4e972888

installed it in a separate profile:

guix package -p guix-test-profile -i icecat

Then started it:

guix-test-profile/bin/icecat

On the command line, it showed one message (is this relevant or just
part of the usual Gtk-Noise?):

Gtk-Message: 08:50:02.414: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

When Icecat is up, it looks "normal" and can be used normally [the
more images a site uses, the better the user experience is :-)], just
that ALL letters are just boxes with numbers in them (i.e. what you
usually see only partially when some wired UTF-sign is not installed).

As this is not related to the CSS-Problem, I open a new bug.

Screenshot attached.

Björn