Subject: 25.3; maximized frame on CDE shrinks by 5px on right margin

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:45:27 +1000

Using the CDE windowing environment, I maximise the Emacs's frame.

After 30 minutes use and keying M-x the right margin of the frame
shrinks by 5px and exposes a little bit of the desktop background.

This does not happen to the Firefox web browser also set in a maximised frame.

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64--netbsd, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-05 built on amd64-nb8.netbsd.org
Windowing system distributor 'The Xorg Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Configured using:
 'configure --srcdir=/work/editors/emacs25/work/emacs-25.3
 --localstatedir=/var --without-gnutls --x-includes=/usr/X11R7/include
 --x-libraries=/usr/X11R7/lib --with-x --without-ns --with-xpm
 --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --prefix=/usr/pkg --build=x86_64--netbsd --host=x86_64--netbsd
 --infodir=/usr/pkg/info --mandir=/usr/pkg/man 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-optimize-strlen -I/usr/pkg/include
 -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/freetype2
 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib/gio-unix-2.0
 -I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/libdrm'
 'CPPFLAGS=-DTERMINFO -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include
 -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/freetype2
 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib/gio-unix-2.0
 -I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/libdrm'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib
 -L/usr/X11R7/lib -Wl,-R/usr/X11R7/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE
M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: 
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Opening TLS connection to ‘www.scmp.com’...done
Contacting host: www.scmp.com:443 [3 times]
Opening TLS connection to ‘www.scmp.com’...
Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443 www.scmp.com’...failed
Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile nil -p 443 www.scmp.com --protocols ssl3’...failed
Opening TLS connection with ‘openssl s_client -connect www.scmp.com:443 -no_ssl2 -ign_eof’...done
Opening TLS connection to ‘www.scmp.com’...done
Hl-Line mode enabled in current buffer
Making completion list... [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-texinfo hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-publish hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-org hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-odt hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-md hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-man hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-latex hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-icalendar hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-html hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-beamer hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ox-ascii hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-w3m hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-version hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-timer hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-table hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-src hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-rmail hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-protocol hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-plot hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-pcomplete hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-mouse hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-mobile hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-mhe hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-macs hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-macro hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-loaddefs hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-list hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-irc hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-install hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-inlinetask hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-info hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-indent hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-id hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-habit hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-gnus hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-footnote hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-feed hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-faces hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-eshell hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-entities hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-element hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-docview hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-datetree hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-ctags hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-crypt hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-compat hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-colview hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-clock hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-capture hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-bibtex hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-bbdb hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-attach hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-archive hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/org-agenda hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-tangle hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-table hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-sqlite hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-sql hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-shen hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-screen hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-scheme hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-sass hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-ruby hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-ref hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-python hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-plantuml hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-picolisp hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-perl hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-org hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-octave hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-ocaml hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-mscgen hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-maxima hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-matlab hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-makefile hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-lob hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-lisp hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-lilypond hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-ledger hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-latex hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-keys hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-js hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-java hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-io hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-haskell hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-fortran hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-exp hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-eval hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-dot hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-ditaa hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-css hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-core hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-comint hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-clojure hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-calc hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-awk hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-asymptote hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-R hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/van/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/ob-C hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-C

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail hl-line
shr-color color parse-time network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls
gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache
url-auth eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit url-queue
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap shr dom subr-x browse-url format-spec dired ls-lisp edmacro
kmacro paren time cus-start cus-load finder-inf info package epg-config
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind kqueue dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 479475 22288)
 (symbols 48 26015 0)
 (miscs 40 77 322)
 (strings 32 66842 12580)
 (string-bytes 1 3540959)
 (vectors 16 18550)
 (vector-slots 8 504929 7989)
 (floats 8 429 224)
 (intervals 56 36684 3984)
 (buffers 976 23))