Subject: Re: bug#32825: 27.0.50; Deterministic window management

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 22:00:15 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> >> Another problem with 'append' is that when the user switches to the
> >> window where *Backtrace* was displayed last time, and types 'C-x C-e'
> >> in that window, then *Backtrace* will be displayed in the same window.
> >> Maybe it should have (inhibit-same-window . t)?
> >
> > I guess that would make sense.
>
> In bug#32790 we discussed a possibility to use the display action
> display-buffer-below-selected for the *Backtrace* buffer that will
> predictably always display *Backtrace* below from the selected window.
>
> Maybe this makes sense as well?

A lot of users may like this, but not all I think at least if you can't
configure it away.  It's hard to tell how it feels unless you try it for
a while.

Michael.