Subject: bug#32825: 27.0.50; Deterministic window management

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 01:29:54 +0200

> (defcustom switch-to-prev-buffer-skip-regexp
>   "\\*Backtrace\\*\\|TAGS"

Sorry, this list looks too ad-hoc.  And why there is no *Edebug Backtrace*?
*Edebug Backtrace* should be treated exactly the same way as
*Backtrace*, but in practice this means adding a whole bunch
of same variables

debugger-previous-window
debugger-pre-previous-window
debugger-previous-window-height
...

to edebug.el

edebugger-previous-window
edebugger-pre-previous-window
edebugger-previous-window-height
...

and duplicating all related code.  This doesn't look right.

I think that either we should generalize display-buffer-in-previous-window
to avoid such duplication, or better never display temporary buffers
in unrelated windows at all, i.e. to replace display-buffer-in-previous-window
in the action list with display-buffer-below-selected and
display-buffer-at-bottom.

This is exactly what we already do for displaying other temporary
buffers like *Marked Files*, *Completions*, etc.