Subject: bug#32825: 27.0.50; Deterministic window management

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 11:17:13 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> > This provides a nicer behavior because display-buffer-at-bottom tries
> > to resize other windows to accommodate the *Backtrace*.
>
> I think we should first investigate the 'debugger-previous-window'
> resettings.  Maybe Michael can help.

I'm not sure how I can be of help.

There are only two places where debugger-previous-window is set - both
in `debug': in the first, the value is set when the debugger pops up, to
the window that has been chosen to display it.  In the second place,
it's reset to nil when the debugger "won't be back".

So, when the value is a (live) window, it should be respected.  I didn't
follow your discussion very attentively, but I'm not sure how the
debugger-previous-window variable is concerned in what you discussed
recently.  AFAIK its only use is to remember the window while a debugger
session is still active.

Michael.