Subject: Re: bug#32823: 26.1; nxml-mode: "no matching start-tag" with long entity definition list

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:12:59 +0200

Hey,

thanks for giving it a try, Eli.

> It says "invalid" here...

Doh, stupid me. I made a copy & paste error in my example file. The
offending line is:

<!ENTITY &product; "myprog">

which should read:

<!ENTITY product "myprog">

After that change the result will be valid again. Sorry about that.

> Maybe I'm not reproducing this correctly, but in my case it emits the
> same error even after removing the ent5 line.

If removing ent5 isn't enough, try removing more entries. You can also
remove all of the definitions including the [ … ] parenthesis, leaving you
with just

…
<!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd">

<refentry lang="en">
…

At this point C-c C-f should work at the latest.

Kind regards,
mosu