Subject: [bug#32822] [PATCH 0/4] Finish rust bootstrapping.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 17:31:11 +0200

Hello,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:38:21 +0200
> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> 
>> > Danny Milosavljevic (4):
>> >   gnu: rust: Hide "ar" entry from [email-masked].
>> >   gnu: [email-masked]: Bootstrap by [email-masked].
>> >   gnu: [email-masked]: Use rust-bootstrapped-package.
>> >   gnu: rust: Remove binary bootstrapper.  
>> 
>> Do I get it right that mrustc is capable enough to build Rust 1.19, and
>> from there on we have the full chain?
>
> Yes (except for MIPS, where mrustc doesn't have the target settings in
> upstreeam - but I do, but untested).

Woohoo!  Impressive.

>> That sounds really exciting!  And worth a blog post :-), if only to
>> share with those who care about building from source: #bootstrappable,
>> Debian, and other reproducible build people.
>
> Sure.  Should I just E-Mail the text or how do I get it into the blog?

You can send a .md file or a patch against guix-artwork.git (under
website/posts) to [email-masked] for feedback (though currently it’s
just Jelle, Ricardo, and myself IIRC.)  And then you can push to
guix-artwork.git and I can do the CVS dance to put it on-line.

>> FWIW the patches LGTM.  I suppose you could push them to wip-rust, then
>> we let hydra and berlin build it, and once it’s built (could be 36h
>> later?) we merge into master.
>
> Okay.  I've pushed them to wip-rust.  How do we make hydra and berlin build it?

If I didn’t make any mistake it should show up at:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/wip-rust
  https://berlin.guixsd.org/jobset/wip-rust

Thanks for all the work!

Ludo’.