Subject: [bug#32822] [PATCH 0/4] Finish rust bootstrapping.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:38:21 +0200

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Danny Milosavljevic (4):
>   gnu: rust: Hide "ar" entry from [email-masked].
>   gnu: [email-masked]: Bootstrap by [email-masked].
>   gnu: [email-masked]: Use rust-bootstrapped-package.
>   gnu: rust: Remove binary bootstrapper.

Do I get it right that mrustc is capable enough to build Rust 1.19, and
from there on we have the full chain?

That sounds really exciting!  And worth a blog post :-), if only to
share with those who care about building from source: #bootstrappable,
Debian, and other reproducible build people.

FWIW the patches LGTM.  I suppose you could push them to wip-rust, then
we let hydra and berlin build it, and once it’s built (could be 36h
later?) we merge into master.

WDYT?

Thank you!

Ludo’.