Subject: Re: bug#32820: Some CSS not displaying in latest Icecat

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:21:08 -0400

Hi Chris,

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Overall very excited about the new Icecat being available!
>
> However, css is not displaying on some sites, and I'm not sure why.
> Disable all extensions and try the following examples:
>
>   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
>   https://github.com/
>
> Both will show up unstyled.

Indeed, I see the same problem.  My first guess is that it's related to
the fact that we aren't (yet) using Servo, Mozilla's new CSS engine.
Servo requires LLVM/Clang to build, so I disabled it for now, to
simplify the task of getting IceCat 60 working.

I'll work on enabling Servo in our IceCat package, and see if that fixes
the problem.

Thanks for the report!

      Mark