Subject: bug#32820: Some CSS not displaying in latest Icecat

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:05:17 +0200

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Overall very excited about the new Icecat being available!
>
> However, css is not displaying on some sites, and I'm not sure why.
> Disable all extensions and try the following examples:
>
>   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
>   https://github.com/
>
> Both will show up unstyled.  Not sure the cause; Firefox's developer
> console doesn't seem to indicate anything relevant.

This is really weird.

Open the developer console and switch to the Style Editor tab.  On
github.com you’ll see a bunch of CSS files with a note under each saying
“0 rules”.  To the right you see the CSS sources.  Now add a space
character (or make some other edit in the source pane): all of a sudden
the CSS file can be parsed!

When you do this to each file, Icecat is going to render the page just
fine.

I also note that Icecat tells me that the page is not encrypted, despite
visiting the https site without errors.  Something’s not quite right
here.

--
Ricardo